Slovenia’s 2020 Special Stamps Programme was announced in Bulletin 128, issued in early November 2019, along with preliminary illustrations of most of the designs for to be issued in January.
2020 Stamp Programme
- 31 January 2020: Prominent Personalities
- 31 January 2020: Greetings Stamp — Love
- 31 January 2020: Lunar New Year — Year of the Rat
- 31 January 2020: Architecture in Slovenia — Municipal Savings Bank, Ljubljana
- 31 January 2020: Contemporary Arts and Crafts in Slovenia — Contemporary Metal Design
- 31 January 2020: Memorandum on Nature Conservation Centenary
- 05 February 2020: Slovenian Literature on Stamps
- 13 March 2020: Tourism – Podčetrtek, European Destination of Excellence
- 13 March 2020: Fossil Mammals of Slovenia – Prohyracodon telleri
- 13 March 2020: Flora – Flowering Park Trees
- 13 March 2020: National Volunteer Week
- 13 March 2020: Ski Flying World Championships Planica 2020
- 13 March 2020: Easter 2020
- 08 May 2020: Red Cross Week (charity stamp)
- 29 May 2020: Games of the XXXIIrd Olympiad, Tokyo 2020 [postponed]
- 29 May 2020: 8th European Congress of Mathematics [cancelled]
- 13 July 2020: Steelmaking in the Meža Valley, 400th Anniversary [postponed from 29 May]
- 13 July 2020: Wine Cellars and Stores [postponed from 29 May]
- 13 July 2020: First Slovene Postage Stamps for Istria and the Slovenian Littoral [postponed from 29 May]
- 13 July 2020: Burning of the Narodni Dom in Trieste Centenary
- 13 July 2020: Execution of the Heroes of Bazovica 90th Anniversary
- 13 July 2020 Football Association of Slovenia Centenary [postponed from 29 May]
- 13 July 2020: EUROPA — Ancient Postal Routes [postponed from 29 May]
- 13 July 2020: Euromed Postal – Traditional Gastronomy of the Mediterranean
- 25 September 2020: Campaign Against Littering
- 25 September 2020: Maribor Electricity System Centenary
- 25 September 2020: International Year of Plant Health
- 25 September 2020: Fauna — The Domestic Cat
- 25 September 2020: Wells in Slovenia – “Čiga” near Moravske Toplice
- 24 October 2020: United Nations 75th Anniversary
- 13 November 2020: New Year 2021
- 13 November 2020: Slovene Female Scientists – Amalija Šimec, Bacterial Epidemiologist
- 13 November 2020: Slovenes Around he World – Slovenes in Germany
- 13 November 2020: Promotion of Cancer Testing
- 13 November 2020: Gastronomy – Slovenian Istria: fish in šavor, Istrian štruklji
- 13 November 2020: Rural Houses of Slovenia
- 13 November 2020: Christmas 2020
- 04 December 2020: Slovenia’s Tour de France Heroes
According to Bulletin 128, in discussing the issues for January:
“The first issue of next year will begin, as is now traditional, with a heart-shaped greetings stamp. Like all the stamps in this series, it will be issued in sheetlets of ten stamps.
The year 2020 marks 500 years since the birth of the Protestant preacher and teacher AdamBohorič, the author of the first grammar of the Slovene language. Next year we will also be commemorating the 160th anniversary of the birth of composer Hugo Wolf. Both of these important figures will be commemorated by a stamp in the Prominent Personalities series, issued in a sheet of 25 stamps.
According to the Chinese zodiac, 2020 is the Year of the Rat. The new stamp in our Chinese Horoscope series will once again be issued in a sheet of 25 stamps.
We continue our presentation of Slovenia’s rich architecture with a stamp in a miniature sheet showing the building of the Ljubljana Municipal Savings Bank, the work of architect Josip Vancaš.
We continue the Arts and Crafts in Slovenia that we began last year with a new stamp showing contemporary metal design. This stamp will also be issued in a sheet of 16 stamps.
A new stamp in our Anniversaries series, issued in a sheet of 25 stamps, will mark the centenary of the Memorandum on Nature Conservation.
Note: The stamps shown here are first designs and may be subject to change.”