Three Postal Administrations
Since independence in 1992, Bosnia and Herzegovina has had three postal authorities corresponding with the ethnic and administrative division of the country. Stamps are issued by the Bosnia and Herzegovina Post (BH Pošta, Sarajevo), Croatian Posts (Hrvatska pošta Mostar, Mostar), and Serbian Posts (Pošte Srpske, Banja Luka). In the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, stamps issued by BH Pošta (the areas controlled by the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 1995) and HP Mostar (the areas controlled by the Croatian Defence Council in 1995) are valid while in Republika Srpska stamps issued by the Pošte Srpske are valid.
BH Pošta stamps were first issued 27 October 1993, inscribed Republika Bosna i Hercegovina; since 1996 the inscriptions have read just Bosna i Hercegovina. The currency was the Bosnia and Herzegovina dinar until 1 October 1998, replaced by the Bosnia and Herzegovina convertible mark.
HP Mostar has issued stamps since 12 May 1993. Initially the stamps were inscribed Bosna i Hercegovina / Hrvatska Republika Herceg-Bosna, or abbreviated HR Herceg-Bosna. From 1996, the stamps bear the inscription Bosna i Hercegovina, but with a different logo than BH Pošta. The currency was initially the Croatian kuna, and from 1999 the Bosnia and Herzegovina convertible mark. Since 2011, both postal authorities have used the double label Bosna i Hercegovina / Federacija Bosne i Hercegovine (sometimes abbreviated as FBiH), maintaining different logos and areas of use.
Pošte Srpske in Banja Luka started to issue stamps on 26 October 1992. The stamps first had the inscription Republika Srpska, and the currency was the Yugoslav dinar until 24 December 1992. Since 15 July 2003, the stamps bear the double inscription Bosna i Hercegovina / Republika Srpska. The stamps of Republika Srpska usually use the Cyrillic script, so the label reads Рeпублиҝa Српска.
2020 Stamp Programme: BH Pošta
- 03 February 2020: Mushrooms
- 24 March 2020: Munib Maglajlic 75th Birth Anniversary
- 27 March 2020: Fauna — Pavo
- 08 May 2020: EUROPA — Ancient Postal Routes
- 22 May 2020: Cultural and Historical Heritage — Sultan Ahmed’s Madrasah in Zenica
- 09 June 2020: Charles Dickens 150th Death Anniversary
- 24 July 2020: Sport
- 25 September 2020: World Tourism Day — Lukomir Village, Konjic Municipality
- 09 October 2020: Children’s Postage Stamp
- 10 November 2020: Cultural and Historical Heritage — Damaged and Devastated Burial Ground near the Old Town of Dubrovnik – Ilijaš Municipality
- 16 December 2020: Ludwig van Beethoven 250th Birth Anniversary
2020 Stamp Programme: Hrvatska pošta Mostar (Croatian Administration)
- 21 February 2020: International Mother Language Day / Friar Blago Brkic Birth Centenary
2020 Stamp Programme: Pošte Srpske (Serbian Administration)
- 29 January 2020: Ludwig van Beethoven 250th Birth Anniversary
- 21 February 2020: Semberi and Gradiska Museums 50th Anniversary
- 19 March 2020: Cinema 125th Anniversary
- 27 March 2020: Easter
- 15 April 2020: EUROPA — Ancient Postal Routes
- 12 May 2020: Celebrities
- 17 June 2020: Flora
- 01 July 2020: Sport
- 11 September 2020: Cultural Heritage
- 23 October 2020: United Nations 75th Anniversary
- 19 November 2020: Gastronomy
- 10 December 2020: Epic Folk Songs
- Date to be Announced: Definitives — Animals