15 May 2020
French Red Cross 2020 (booklet stamps)
First day: Friday, May 15, 2020
Cancellation illustrated 1st day in PARIS at the Carré d’Encre, from 10H to 17H, 13 bis rue des Mathurins, 75009 PARIS.
General sale on Saturday May 16, 2020
Stamps with permanent validity
Face value on the date of issue € 11.64
Postage of 12 green letters up to 20g for France, Monaco, Andorra and postal sectors (army)
Surcharge: 2 € for the benefit of the French Red Cross
Stamps self-adhesive horizontal overall dimensions 85×165 mm
Rotogravure printed with 12 stamps per booklet stamps per booklet
500,000 copies issued
Based on a work by Robert Delaunay
Layout by Corinne Salvi
© Center Pompidou, MNAM-CCI, Dist. RMN-Grand Palais / Philippe Migeat
Rhythm, Joie de vivre , this work by artist Robert Delaunay illustrates the stamps and the cover of the notebook dedicated to this year’s French Red Cross. This oil on canvas of 200 mm by 228 mm dating from 1930 is kept at the Museum of Modern Art in Paris.
The rhythm of the painting is given by a diagonal, a vertical line, discs of different sizes, accentuated by the decomposed colors of the sunlight. Bright colors oppose, juxtapose to spin the circles. Shapes and colors express movement, momentum, dynamism. The layout accompanies this work by Robert Delaunay.
It is the mirror of the movement, the momentum, the dynamism that all the actors of the French Red Cross have to bring aid, better being… to those who need it.
La Poste and the French Red Cross partner since 1914
Since 2006, more than 25 million euros have been donated by La Poste to the French Red Cross , for the financing of multiple international, national or local actions carried out in the field of health, humanitarian action and social. The repayment of this surcharge has contributed to the establishment of numerous projects of the French Red Cross in various fields of activity, among which the following examples can be cited:
- Deployment of itinerant devices throughout France with Red Cross on Wheels, a multiservice structure reaching out to precarious audiences who cannot afford to move around the association’s fixed units.
- Launch of a mobile dental care unit in Ain, to reach people in precarious situations on the territory, with the ambition of deploying the concept in other regions.
- Creation of Alzheimer Relaxation Rest Break spaces in Normandy and in the Hérault. These non-medical reception centers offer activities adapted to people with Alzheimer’s disease and allow caregivers to take time for themselves. A temporary takeover centered on listening and sharing, to maintain a social bond unfortunately too often damaged by the disease and break the exclusive face to face relationship between the caregiver and the caregiver.
- Improvement of reception and activity conditions in many local units of the French Red Cross, for example the food aid unit of the Epinal branch, the Sevran cloakroom, or the Pontarlier vestiboutique.
- Establishment of transport adapted to the elderly and residents of French Red Cross structures, to promote their autonomy and maintain social ties, as for example in the region of Tours or in the Yvelines.
All the projects implemented by the French Red Cross are presented on the official website www.croix-rouge.fr
The French Red Cross and Le Groupe La Poste have been working together on the creation of philatelic products since 1914.
What is the French Red Cross doing with € 2…?
- It provides 2 full meals to vulnerable people;
- She secures a mother by giving her everything she needs to feed her baby for a day;
- It distributes 6 insulated survival blankets.
© La Poste – la Croix-Rouge – All rights reserved
From Phil @ Poste press release